Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Saturday Seven - #8

I haven't been tracking these on this blog, but I've meant to. So here's today's Saturday Seven.

In knitting news, I'm working on little projects while I wait for my size 13 KP Options needle tips to arrive, so I can start on my fall cardigan. Earlier in the week, I made a wee baby hat for a baby due early September. I should make either a kimono or booties to match, but instead I've spent the rest of my knitting time this week fiddling with more socks for me. I'm using Lorna's Laces worsted in chocolate (such a yummy color) and am working in a little pink (using my Pearl pink panther fingering weight, doubled). (brown and pink are a fave color combo of mine, esp. for fall) I'm sort of making up the color design as I go, and I keep being unhappy with it. So I'm about to frog for the second time and start again. Is it possible to do Fair Isle (a technique I've never tried) over ribbing, or should I really stick with stockinette?

1 comment:

Becka said...

Hmmm, i've not done much color work, I don't know about fair isle and ribbing...seems to me that the ribbing wouldn't allow your lovely colorwork to show as much as St st would...but I'm a color novice...I say, ask Ingrid!