- I haven't done anything more on Cozy since Tuesday night - I just haven't been able to sit and give it the attention it needs. I'm bummed about this. I must admit that part of my failure to work on it is just out of discouragement.
- I've been doing a few rows a day on my Never-Ending Baby Blanket for Baby J. It's just a basic diagonal garter stitch blanket, done in Rowan Baby Soft. But I've never been able to maintain any momentum on it b/c it's kind of boring.
- I frogged and restarted the Simply Lovely Lace Socks, which are looking much lovelier this time. Thanks again to Leilalu for helping me figure out what I was doing wrong with the picot edge!
- I'm still avoiding finishing seaming on the two dinosaurs I made.
- I finished sewing my dress! I had my last sewing class on Wednesday and I finished 18 minutes before the end. I'm so proud! I need to take it in a bit on the sides and give it a good ironing, but otherwise it looks pretty nice. I hope to post pics soon. [It's pretty amazing to be able to crank out a major FO like this in roughly 10 hours. 10 hours of knitting would produce far less. But I find knitting far more enjoyable, of course.]
- I'm discovering that I'm likely to be the same kind of sew-er that I am knitter - one with too many WIPs to count. I anticipate that this could be more problematic with sewing, since it involves having lots of fabric and tools and patterns scattered all over the place.
- I suddenly find myself wanting to learn to quilt. Note to self: you have too much on your plate already, let it go.
- Towards meeting my 2nd birthday goal, I started taking Italian classes yesterday! I'm delighted to discover how similar it seems to Spanish, which I used to speak fluently (I'm a little rusty with it currently but have discovered that it's not too difficult for me to pick back up when I need to).
Okay, I'm off to do a little more on the blanket and the socks before I go to work. Ciao!