Saturday, September 02, 2006

Actual Knitting Progress - and Regress

So a few days ago I cast on for Sweater Babe's Fabulous Lace Inset Cardigan and I have made quick progress. (What a difference to go from knitting fingering weight on size 0s to knitting bulky on size 13s!). I love the pattern and love the yarn (Lamb's Pride Bulky). As of yesterday morning, I was done with the back and halfway done with the left front. Here's what it looked like.



Last night, My Old Man and I watched part of a DVD together, which gave me primo knitting time. I made major progress and felt certain I could complete the left front before the boys got up this morning.

Got up early this morning, took care of something other things, then finally settled down to knit. I stared at what I had done. And realized that last night I had totally skipped the whole binding off for the armhole part! Back at row 43! Guess where I started last night? Row 43! So basically I have to unknit everything I did last night. So as soon as I get it frogged, my project will look like this.


That's what I get for knitting while watching Weeds.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Ooh, sorry about that! At least it's bulky and will go quickly though.

Becka said...

Sorry about the tinking!
But, oh boy, it's going to be GORGEOUS and is looking spectacular now!

essjay said...

Looking wonderful so far - I hope there isn't any more tinking involved!