Sunday, November 05, 2006

Buon giorno!

Indeed, it has been a very buon giorno. Several very buon giornos.

I had hoped to upload some photos today, but the internet train where I am is closing in just a few minutes. So I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to my peeps in the homeland. I got here safely, with no major snafus except for the small inconvenience of missing my stop on the bus from the train station in Florence and then proceeding to walk 30 minutes through town with my luggage to my B&B. (I was so happy to be able to ask the woman on the bus next to me "Dov'e siamo?" - "Where are we?" while pointing at the map. When I told her where I needed to be, she explained in Italian that we were well past that and that I should get off immediately. Then she added in English, "Quick! Quick!" So I did.) Good think I packed so lightly.

Everything here is fantastico. There are not adequate words to capture the experience. Put it this way: no knitting has been going on since I left home, and I've been totally okay with that. Who'da thunk it?

More soon. Ciao!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Glad you made it safely! My parents went to Italy in September and absolutely loved every minute. I'm very jealous!

Rachel said...

So glad to hear that the trip has met (exceeded?) your expectations so far! It is a pretty amazing country, isn't it? I hope you're eating well!

Gad said...

Well, I guess it's good morning again.

Welcome back, Stacey!