Thursday, February 23, 2006

Why yes, officer. I was knitting at that traffic light.

So I didn't actually get pulled over, but I did knit furtively at every stoplight yesterday, frantically trying to get these organic cotton washcloths done for My Old Man's older son's birthday (tomorrow - not that he will get them then, since he lives in England!).

I love this Pakucho organic cotton - once it's knit. It looks great and feels great, and I really like the soft natural colors it comes in. But knitting with it was kind of a pain. A bit rough on the fingers.


I did three cloths - bamboo stitch (my first time with this stitch - I really like how it looks); Chinese Waves; and good ol' diagonal garter stitch. I added a couple of bars of Dr. Bronner's Hemp Pure-Castile organic soap, and I thought it made a nice little bath set.



Suki liked it too. :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Suki is too cute!