Monday, March 20, 2006

Dad's Sensible Socks

Here are my dad's socks, done in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, in navy. It was hard to judge the fit, because My Old Man wears smaller shoes than my dad, and of course I made the socks to my dad's measurements. Apart from the foot size, though, I'm afraid they seemed a bit slouchy.

As usual, I enjoyed the process more than the product. I'm glad I like the actual act of knitting so much, but I do wish I didn't always feel let down and critical when I'm done. Oh well. Maybe dad will like them.

I cast on for the front piece of my spring sweater (To Dye For from Stitch 'n Bitch) yesterday, and I've got about 6 inches done. I wish it was done in the round, or that I knew how to convert to the round, because I'm already dreading sewing it up. Still, it's fun to finally be working on it again, after a two month hiatus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think they look beautiful!!!