Sunday, April 30, 2006

FOs coming out of my ears!

Wow - I am getting an unbelievable amount of knitting done here. I wish I had my digital camera to get some pics, but that will have to wait till I get home.

On Wednesday, I finished the anthropologie-inspired capelet/shrug, and then I wore it on Thursday. It needs to be blocked but I think I'm pleased with how it turned out. Though it turns out that maybe shrugs/capelets aren't really my style.

And then today I actually completed three projects in a row:
1 - Little Buddha's longies - LTK pattern, size large, Manos del Uruguay, flame - I'm really happy with them
2 - Tiny Dancer's (non) stripey slippers - LTK pattern, Manos del Uruguay, caribe - I did the first slipper yesterday and then whipped the second one out at a lecture this afternoon. They are really cute, but I keep getting confused at one particular point in the pattern. Also, the slippers ended up being not exactly the same size. Am hoping blocking will help.
3 - To Dye For sweater!!! I just finished the seaming. Wheeee! I can't believe I'm finally done knitting this thing. I do still have to a crochet border around the neck, so I guess I'm not technically done, but it sure feels like it. The seaming was a bear.

I hope to do one more pair of slippers (for Little Buddha) while I'm here. It's so exciting to be getting all these things done all of a sudden. It kind of clears the deck for me to start on a layette for My Old Man's first grandbaby, due in July.

I can't wait to give the boys their slippers when I get home on Wednesday. More than that, I can't wait to see all three of my guys - I really miss them.

3 comments:

essjay said...

I'm so glad to hear you have gotten so much done - looking forward to seeing pictures when you get home (after spending time with your men of course!)!

Sarah said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Can't wait to see pics!

yakmidi said...

Having worked for two-plus years for an airline, I can relate to having First Officers coming out of your ears. One at a time is bad enough; an entire flight crew is torturous. I hope it doesn't come to that for you.

-dk.