Friday, April 07, 2006

Plugging along....

To Dye For, in Knit Picks Suri Dream, ocean.


Still battling an over-long to-do list but managing to get some knitting in here and there. I really wanted to get my sweater finished before I leave for my quick trip so I could wear it while there, but I don't think that's likely at this point. I am pleased with my progress, though. As you can see, the back is done, the front is done, and one sleeve is almost done (maybe another half inch to go, then 4 rows of garter stitch and the bind off). Then one more sleeve and a heckuva lot of seaming. I think I'm really going to like it once it's done, but man am I tired of knitting with this yarn. It's not awful, it just doesn't glide the way Manos and Malabrigo do. I do think it will make a really nice spring sweater - it has a sort of tunic shape (the bottom five inches on the sides will not be seamed) and bell sleeves (which I adore).

I made a list today of all the knitting I want to get done in the next 8 days and I'm trying to prioritize because I'm fairly certain that a large lot of it is not going to get finished in time. I guess I'm not very good at prioritizing, and not just with knitting.

In non-knitting news, I got to do on a date with My Old Man tonight. Earlier this week, I found a stack of Christmas cards that we never opened (!!!) and in one of them was a gift certificate for a nice restaurant (!!!). So tonight, we got a babysitter and went. And then we went to the mall by ourselves, without the boys, for the first time in about two years. And then we went to Barnes and Noble by ourselves, too. (I must say the knitting section at this particular B&N is a real mess.) And in case you're wondering, I did explain to the couple who gave us the gift certificate why they hadn't heard anything from us about it in four months! (how embarrassing)

steps so far today: 10588 (best all week!)

No comments: