Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bloggers Fuel: java review #1

Herein lies my first ever review of Boca Java's Bloggers Fuel.

The first brew I tried was Blogs of Bravery, which bills itself as "front line fuel from a blend of South American dark and medium roasts to create a well balanced smooth taste." The blend was roasted on May 4th and I made my first cup on May 14th. Verdict: YUM!

beans: ground right before brewing
brew: regular drip coffeemaker
strength: 6 generous scoops for 12 cups
accoutrements: half-and-half
timing: first thing in the morning, as soon as the whole pot is ready

The first sip of Blogs of Bravery left me a bit uncertain. I am usually not a dark roast girl, and I thought the first taste was a tad bitter. A few more sips had me convinced, though. Good stuff. Strong stuff. My Old Man liked it, too, but as he reminded me, he doesn't have a particularly discerning palate. I, on the other hand, am pretty hard to please, especially when it comes to coffee. I like it fresh - freshly roasted, freshly ground, freshly brewed (if it's been in the pot more than an hour I won't drink it). This was definitely fresh, though I honestly couldn't discern a difference in freshness between it and my usual brew (organic free trade whole bean coffee bought at the local natural food store).

This was the first of the Boca Java blends I tried and so far it's my favorite (I have since tried two other blends). In fact, I loved it more with each pot - very strong and very smooth. The perfect combination. Would I drink it again? Most definitely. Sadly, I only have enough left for one more cup of coffee.


Little Buddha, sporting my "Always Blog on a Full Tank" bloggers fuel cap.

No comments: