Friday, May 19, 2006

Free Stuff



You see all this? Six bags of coffee beans, one humungo coffee mug, and a cool black cap - all free. One of the women over at KH let us knitting bloggers know about this sweet deal last month. The first 500 people to sign up at Boca Java's Bloggers Fuel to review their coffee would get this free gift pack. As a complete coffee addict, I jumped on that quick as I could. FREE COFFEE! It doesn't get much better than that. (Okay, free yarn - that would definitely outrank it).

But man, I had no idea I'd be getting such a big package. Three pounds of free coffee, in six different blends. And the mug and hat were a nice surprise (both bear the motto "Always blog on a full tank.") For almost five years I have had my coffee every morning from the same mug - my Michigan Radio mug (which I got for supporting our local public radio station). But I like this new mug so much that I've been using it as often as my old favorite (I'm a sucker for free stuff, but it's also the fact that it's huge - I can sit and knit longer before I have to get up for a refill). I feel a bit guilty that I'm allowing this new upstart to supplant my trust Michigan Radio mug.

At any rate, my end of the bargain is to review the coffee, which I shall. I've already burned through a bag and a half (coffee doesn't last long at our house, even though we're both trying to cut back). Look for the first review soon.

In other "free stuff" news, I found this pattern to add the cowl neck to my To Dye For sweater. I think I'm going to go for it, after I finish some of my current projects.

1 comment:

yakmidi said...

I tried cutting back on coffee once or twice. Then I thought, why would I want to do that? I like coffee.

Yarn outranking coffee? I can't get wid dat.

So, like, uh...

...how much of that coffee you got left, there?