Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bloggers Fuel: java review #2

Bloggers Fuel Boot up Blend bills itself as "an amazing medium blend of African, Central and South American Coffees. Rich taste and smooth finish for the perfect breakfast blend." I'm a sucker for anything labeled "breakfast blend" (yes, I am a marketer's dream), so I eagerly tore into the bag one morning last week. The beans had that nice matte finish and were a nice medium brown.

beans: roasted May 2, ground May 18, right before brewing
brew method: regular drip coffeemaker
strength: 6 heaping spoons for 12 cups of water
accoutrement: half-and-half
timing: first thing in the morning, as soon as the pot is ready
verdict: smooth and mild, perhaps a bit too mild

I consider myself a medium-roast kind of girl, but this was a bit more on the mild side than I'm used to. It was definitely smooth but a little too light. I wouldn't call it "rich." Still, not a bad cup of coffee. I would drink it again. But I like something a little stronger first thing in the morning.



Tiny Dancer rockin' the Bloggers Fuel cap.












One of these days I'll post some actual knitting content. I hope to finish Baby J's placket-neck sweater tonight. What a sweet little knit. I look forward to making ones for LB and TD next fall.

No comments: